A migraine is characterized by throbbing pain on one side of the head, and a migraine is a moderate to severe headache. Additionally, many people experience symptoms like feeling or being unwell and increased sensitivity to light or sound. Around 1 in 5 women and 1 in 15 men suffer migraines, making it a widespread medical disease.
- Remedies to get rid of migraine
- Medicines for migraine treatment
- Neurostimulation devices
- FAQ- Frequently Asked Questions
Remedies to get rid of migraine
- Cold pack: when you have a migraine, place a pack of ice cubes wrapped in a plastic bag or towel for 15 minutes; this will help to alleviate symptoms of the migraine.
- Dim the lights in the room: bright lights also cause migraine; use sunglasses when outside and keep the curtains on windows to block out light, and add anti-glare screens to the computer.
- Hydrate: Take in many liquids. A headache might develop or become worse due to dehydration.
- Practice being calm: Learning to relax when you have a headache can lessen the pain. Relaxation techniques include yoga, progressive muscle relaxation, meditation, and stretches. You might discuss physical therapy with your doctor if you have neck muscle spasms.
Medicines for migraine treatment
Not all migraine sufferers will respond to these medications. Before discovering the medication or combination of medications and the most effective doses for you, you may need to test a few.
- Triptans: The longer-acting triptans, frovatriptan, and naratriptan take one to three hours to begin functioning. Triptan injections start working in approximately 10 minutes, nasal sprays in 10 to 15 minutes, and most pills in 30 to 60 minutes.
- CGRP receptor antagonists: These medications may be an option for those who cannot use triptans or who do not get relief.
- Dihydroergotamine is frequently administered intravenously in emergency rooms to treat chronic migraines.
Devices for neurostimulation or neuromodulation are non-drug options for treating migraines. These devices send electric or magnetic pulses to nerves directly or indirectly involved in pain processing. For the acute treatment of migraine, various devices that target various nerves are available. Utilizing any of them as soon as the symptoms appear will yield the best results.
Migraines can be excruciating and induce nausea and vomiting. Although some people may find relief with pharmaceuticals, others may benefit from dietary adjustments and home cures. Yoga, some essential oils, ginger, and acupressure may all help treat the symptoms. Finding out what causes migraine attacks can also aid in managing or preventing them. See a doctor if migraine attacks are frequent or severe. A headache specialist can offer guidance on available therapies and assist with symptom management.
FAQ- Frequently Asked Questions
What is a migraine cure that lasts forever?
Although there is no long-term cure for migraines, many chronic migraine sufferers use various therapies to achieve effective, long-lasting relief. Some therapies reduce pain and shorten active attacks. Others strive to stop or scale back further attacks.
Is migraine a lifelong condition?
Migraine is a common, genetic, chronic, and frequently disabling condition that most severely affects adults in their peak working and parenting years. It has been linked to an increased risk of mental health issues, including depression and anxiety, as well as vascular problems like heart attack and stroke.
Do migraines happen anywhere in the brain?
The findings show that the hypothalamus-brainstem network may be the actual driver of migraine episodes. Various hypothalamic regions appear to be involved at the beginning of a migraine episode and in the chronification of migraines.
“Disclaimer: This article is just information and was not written to give any advice or replace any professional indication. Any doubt you have please consult a doctor”
You May Also Like
- What To Do If You Eat Silica Gel? Discover Here
- Vegan Diet: Is Healthy Or Just A Trend? Extensive Guide
- Type 2 diabetes: early signs you didn’t know
- Natural remedies for constipation
- Various Treatment Options To Get Rid Of Hiccups Fast